WaylandeNews.com Advertising Terms & Conditions
We welcome philanthropic sponsorships on WaylandeNews. If you are interested in advertising on WaylandeNews, please review the Terms & Conditions below and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Advertisements will be run in our weekly newsletter and maintained on our website for one month (longer online presence is possible with larger payments). Payments are to be in the form of a donation to a Wayland-based non-profit organization. See our page on Philanthropy for possible organizations to support.
The following guidelines have been established by WaylandeNews.com to govern various aspects of Advertising. For these purposes, “Advertising and Advertisements” include banner, button, and contextual advertising, sponsorship messages, and promotions, whether placed on its website or included in its email newsletter (individually and collectively, the “Site”). These Terms & Conditions govern issues such as acceptance of Advertisements by WaylandeNews.com, the manner of display of Advertisements on the Site, and the removal of Advertisements from the Site. WaylandeNews.com has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of these Terms & Conditions and all other issues associated with Advertising on the Site. WaylandeNews.com may change these Terms & Conditions at any time in its sole discretion by posting revised Terms & Conditions to the WaylandeNews.com Site.
1. Sponsorships and Fees. It is the express policy of WaylandeNews.com to post Advertisements for the sole purpose of encouraging members of the public and local businesses to make sponsorship contributions to local community organizations posted on our Philanthropy page. WaylandeNews.com will not under any circumstances accept any pecuniary compensation or other item of value in exchange for posting an Advertisement. Postings will be made in the order received. In order to post an Advertisement, you must send WaylandeNews either proof of a donation to a Wayland non-profit, or the donation itself (a check made out to the non-profit which WaylandeNews will forward to the appropriate organization). You may post your sponsorship by name or anonymously, and you may list the amount contributed or not. (For example, “This week the Smith Family sponsors the Wayland Angels” or “An anonymous donor sponsors Parmenter Community Health”). We may post organization logos if they are provided to us. We will post a short message in our newsletter which can link to a longer message hosted on our website. Newsletter messages will run once, and the linked page will be left available for one month.
2. WaylandeNews.com has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising and Promotion that will be accepted and displayed on the WaylandeNews.com Site, and under no circumstances shall WaylandeNews.com’s acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s).
3. WaylandeNews.com will not accept Advertising that, in WaylandeNews.com’s opinion, is not factually accurate or not in good taste. WaylandeNews.com will not permit at any time the placement of any Advertising for illegal or objectionable products. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
4. Advertising must not be related to any of the following: politics, alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency.
5. WaylandeNews.com recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising content and editorial and decision-making content. All Advertising content on the WaylandeNews.com Site shall be clearly and unambiguously identified as such, and WaylandeNews.com will not run any Advertising on the WaylandeNews.com Site that is not so identified. Additionally, WaylandeNews.com retains the right to dictate the form and substance of all editorial content appearing in Advertisements on the WaylandeNews.com Site. No advertising that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be accepted.
6. WaylandeNews.com reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the WaylandeNews.com Site for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. WaylandeNews.com also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the Advertising on the WaylandeNews.com Site.
7. It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies. If WaylandeNews.com becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, WaylandeNews.com may remove the Advertising.
8. No Advertising shall be permitted which may injure the good name or reputation of WaylandeNews.com or the WaylandeNews.com site.
9. Indemnification, Defense and Hold Harmless. By requesting that we post an Advertisement for you, you are agreeing to indemnify, defend and hold harmless WaylandeNews.com, its webmaster and its editorial board and staff (each individually and in his or her capacity as a volunteer for WaylandeNews) for all costs, expenses and liabilities arising out of the posting of the Advertisement.