- Town Crier coverage of Session 1: Wayland TM OKs library article.
- MetroWest Daily News coverage of Session 2: Wayland Town Meeting backs Oxbow Meadows playing field.
Articles Completed on Sunday, April 2
- Recognize Citizens and Employees for Particular Service to the Town. Passed
Pay Previous Fiscal Year Unpaid Bills. Passed 86-2 (Motion by Cherry Karlson, under abbreviated procedure)
Current Year Transfers. Passed 108-6 (Motion by Cherry Karlson, under abbreviated procedure)
OPEB Funding. Passed 102-10 (Motion by Cherry Karlson, under abbreviated procedure)
Revolving Fund Bylaw. (Motion by Louis Jurist)
- Motion 1 Passed 143-4.
- Motion 2 Passed 136-9.
- FY 2018 Omnibus Budget
- Motion 1: Passed 181-44 (Motion by Dave Watkins)
- Included amendment by Ellen Grieco to transfer funds from the salary reserve line to the school department budget to cover the teacher contract settlement (Passed 176-58)
- An amendment proposed by Anette Lewis to decrease the reserve for salary settlement to 0 failed, 66-189
- Motion 2-6 Passed 237-11 (Motion by Dave Watkins)
- Motion 7: Passed 223-34 (Motion by Carol Martin)
Personnel Bylaws and Wage & Classification Plan. Passed 247-17 (Motion by Miranda Jones)
Compensation for Town Clerk. Passed 233-21 (Motion by Lea Anderson)
- Motion by Linda Segal to amend article to add “subject to revision at next Town Meeting” failed 80-183
- Motion by Alan Reiss to change Town Clerk’s salary to $77,020 failed 62-210
Non-Medical/Recreational Marijuana Moratorium – Zoning Bylaw Amendment. Failed, 185-109 (did not achieve 2/3 majority required). Motion by Sarah Greenaway
Authorize Local Voting Rights for Permanent Resident Aliens Residing in Wayland. Passed 199-90. Motion by Mary Antes
Library Construction Grant Application: Acceptance of Preliminary Design and Procedural Authorizations. Passed 202-91. Motion by Aida Gennis
Authorize Acquisition of an Access and Utility Easement at 89 Stonebridge Road. Passed 170-12. Motion by Woody Baston
Street Acceptance. Motions by Ira Montague
- Dylan’s Circle: Passed 160-20
- Summer Lane: Passed 154-29
- Limited Site Plan Review – Exempt Uses.
- Mike Lowery proposed an amendment to delete the phrase “and excessive light pollution” from (d), failed 88-98
- Main motion by Dan Hill passed 180-16.
- Preservation of Historically Significant Buildings Through Demolition Delay. Failed, 98-99. Motion by Elisa Scola
Articles Completed on Monday, April 3
- Community Preservation Fund General Budget – Set Asides and Transfers. Motion by Gretchen Schuler.
- Motion 1 passed 120-9
- Motion 2 passed 129-14
- Appropriate Funds to Restore Mellen Law Office and Cochituate Town Clock. Motion by Elisa Scola.
- Motion 1 passed 158-23.
- Motion 2 passed 167-27
Appropriate Funds to Hire a Housing Consultant. Passed 172-46. Motion by Susan Weinstein
Appropriate Funds to Construct Athletic Field at Oxbow Meadows.
- Motion by Amanda McLean to pass over the article until there is an environmental assessment. Motion to terminate debate by Gordon Cliff passed 259-24. Amendment failed 70-235.
- Motion to terminate debate on main motion by Lou Russell passed 262-52.
- Passed 252-64. Article argued by Frank Krasin (main motion by Gretchen Schuler?)
Appropriate Funds to Construct ADA Trails and Signs at Dudley Woods. Passed 174-43. Motion by Gretchen Schuler.
Appropriate Funds to Restore/Replace Windows of First Wayland High School, Now Known as Bradford Hall. Passed 155-59. Motion by Elisa Scola
Transfer Station Access Road Improvements. Motion by Michael Lowery.
- Adam Hirsh made a motion to break up the project to fund only the access road (approximately $500,000). Carol Martin moves the question (passed 205-5). Motion on amendment fails 33-177.
- Main motion passed 180-26.
- Plastic Bag Reduction Bylaw.
- Motion by petitioner Paul Dale.
- Amendment proposed by Chris Brown to change ownership of enforcement to Selectmen, passed 195-8
- Joe Nolan moved the question, motion to terminate debate passed 207-0
- Article (as amended) passed 188-22
Polystyrene Food Container Bylaw. Passed 167-22. Motion by Paul Dale
Accept Gifts of Land
Choose Town Officers .
Sell or Trade Vehicles and Equipment