Wayland High School, Town Pool Parking Lot
Saturday, May 6, 10:00 – 2:00 PM
Time to donate your refundable bottles and cans — Please start saving them if you haven’t already! The CAPA Bottle and Can Drive is coming! This is a fun and high-spirited event and volunteers are always appreciated for their service! The Bottle and Can Drive is a significant fund-raiser for the Wayland High School visual and performing arts programs and CAPA needs your refundable cans and bottles more than ever! High School student volunteers will receive community service hours to use toward their graduation requirements. Contact CAPA at Contact@WHSArts.org for more information on how to volunteer. Please help us to support the Arts in our schools!
You can support her at Trivia Night at Joe Sent Me on March 21 and at Bertucci’s Dining for Dollars on April 10.
|Trivia Night – 3/21 – Joe Sent Me – Waltham, MA – Trivia begins at 8:00 PM – cash prize and auction for Sox Tickets and other great items (https://www.facebook.com/events/1193114107452854/)
|Pizza Night -4/10 – Bertuccis Wayland Town Center 4PM-9PM – 15% proceeds donated to Boston Children’s Hospital. (Click the image for a larger version. Bring and present a printout of the coupon when you visit Bertucci’s)
My Profile Info:
- Name: Kate Taunton-Rigby, Wayland, MA
- Age: 35
- Reason for Running: Children being sick and families enduring is the LAST thing anyone really wants to think about though it is those children and their families who need the most recognition, support and prayers. I’ve always been passionate about blending awareness in to my love for running. My husband and I have been incredibly blessed with two wonderful (health) kids which has made it it even that much more important to work on behalf of others.
- Marathon Experience: This will be my 7th Boston Marathon and 9th consecutive year running (between my husband’s efforts while I was pregnant and training together in 2013) to Benefit Boston Children’s Hospital. It is an incredible experience and I’m fortunate to be a part of such a great day and team.
- Training Tip: You have to have good music, books on tape, the comedy channel onPandora, and chocolate milk for recovery
REGISTER now!! The fundraiser will be held on Friday, March 24th at 7pm at The Field House in Sudbury.
The event will be for adults only and will feature teams of two competing in a double elimination tournament for the grand prize, appetizers, music, beer and wine, and a 50/50 raffle. Tickets are $50 per person ($100 per team) and include playing in the tournament, appetizers catered from MetroWest Catering and one drink ticket.
All proceeds will go to the Wayland Boosters, a non-profit organization that provides financial support to enhance the experience for all middle school and high school athletes and coaches.
Find a partner with a good aim and register today online here.
For more information about the event or Wayland Boosters, please go to the Events page at www.waylandboosters.org.
Run or walk to benefit the children at Lovelane Special Needs Horseback Riding Program at the 10th annual Susan McDaniel Run for Lovelane. Scheduled for Sunday, June 11th, join this well managed, professionally timed course challenging enough for the elite runners and welcoming and enjoyable for families and walkers. The race begins and ends on the Weston Town Green and your kids will love the ½ mile Fun Run and the Toddler Dash before the main event.
EVENT DATE: JUN 11, 2017
Complete details online here: http://lovelane.org/events/run4love/
This USATF sanctioned 5K is professionally timed with mile splits, a water stops and prizes for top finishers in each age category. Proceeds benefit the children who receive therapeutic riding services at Lovelane. Over 500 runners are expected to attend! 11am start for the 5K and 10:30am for the ½ miler!
Event details and schedule
- 9am day of event registration and packet pick up begins
- 10:30 am: Start of Kids’ 1/2-mile Fun Run
- 11:00 am: Start of 5K
This USATF sanctioned 5K is professionally timed with mile splits, a water stops and prizes for top finishers in each age category.
- Plenty of parking in the town of Weston.
- Bathrooms available in Weston Town Hall.
- Water, snacks provided.
- Clown for kids and balloons.
- T-shirts for the first 150 5k runners to register on-line.
Sudbury Valley Trustees’ annual benefit is the Creatures of the Night Gala, to be held on Saturday, March 11, 6-10:30pm at the Sheraton Framingham. Get all the details, and buy tickets online here. Tickets are on sale until March 1.
The Annual Benefit is always a fun evening of socializing, dining, dancing, and bidding! This year, we’ll be dancing to live music by The Wayland Daddios. Attire: “Cocktail” or “Creature” attire encouraged. Wolf or Werewolf? Bat or Vampire Bat? Or You Being You? You decide! (Prize for best costume.)
Thanks to the generosity of local businesses and individuals, our Silent and Live Auctions include dozens of valuable items that await your bids:
- SVT Board of Directors’ Wine Collection: A one-of-a-kind collection of varietals from around the world.
- Weekend Accommodations in New England: Private homes, picturesque inns, first-class lodges.
- Tesla Rental: Three days behind the wheel of this exciting electric car.
- Red Sox Tickets: Check out the new free agents and the homegrown stars.
- Rounds of Golf at Area Courses: Try out a new course on a beautiful summer’s day.
- Spas and Sports Clubs: Get a massage, learn pilates or belay, try out a new health club.
- And lots more…
The Children’s Way Parent Organization is celebrating the 30th Anniversary of TCW with a Monte Carlo-themed gala, Saturday, March 11, 7:30-11pm at Sandy Burr Country Club. There will be drinks, food, gambling, dancing and an auction to benefit the school. Come catch up with friends new and old and support a great cause. 30 years of such a special place deserves to be celebrated!
Tickets may be purchased online here or by check for $45 per ticket payable to “The Children’s Way Parent Organization.” Checks may be placed in the mailbox outside the TCW office, 41 Cochituate Road. Please purchase your tickets by March 7. For questions or more information, email TCWparentorg@gmail.com.
The Lauren Dunne Astley Memorial Fund is pleased to announce the results of its fourth annual mini-grant program to promote dynamic projects in the three arenas of its mission: Effective Teen Relationships & Violence Prevention, the Arts, and Community Service.
In Lauren’s spirit and memory, small grants have recently been awarded to individuals and groups with innovative project ideas in the above areas.
A total of 11 project proposals were funded. They include support for: new programs focusing on healthy relationships at three area high schools; a high-energy alternative-style string ensemble program in Wayland and Weston next fall; and a college summit on sexual misconduct prevention and education.
Lauren’s mother Mary Dunne commented “Awarding mini-grants is such positive work honoring Lauren and her memory. I’m ever grateful to those who honor her in so many ways.”
“We are delighted by the creativity and energy inherent in the proposed initiatives and the hope stirred in the potential of their positive, meaningful impacts. What a nice link to Lauren!” commented Lauren’s father, Malcolm Astley.
Keep On Sparkling! Please visit www.laurendunneastleymemorialfund.org for more information on the grants and on the organization’s activities.