$2 WARM UP WEDNESDAY LUNCHEONS CONTINUE! Reservations required.
- Wednesday, JANUARY 25 at Noon (Quiche Buffet)
- Wednesday, FEBRUARY 8 at Noon (Pizza Buffet),
Luncheons are made possible by a grant from the Friends of the Wayland COA.
Presentations following the next two Warm Up Wednesday luncheons:
- STATE CIRCUIT BREAKER and PROPERTY TAX RELIEF, Wed., Jan 25 at 1pm. A guest speaker from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue will discuss the Circuit Breaker Tax Credit for qualified individuals. Unlike most communities, Wayland MATCHES the state CB tax credit dollar for dollar. Q&A will follow.
- CREATING A NOVEL ..a conversation with local Wayland Author, Wed., Feb. 8 at 1pm. Popular AUTHOR and Wayland resident, JULIETTE FAYE will speak about the writing process and her new novel in progress, THE SHORTEST WAY HOME, historical fiction set in 1919. Learn the fascinating ways she conducted her research. Juliette Faye is also the author of SHELTER ME and DEEP DOWN TRUE.
(For those coming only to the 1pm, free presentations, a reservation would be appreciated to assist us with planning.)
FRIDAY MOVIE MATINEE. Showtime: 12:30pm, Wayland C.O.A. ENJOY self-serve popcorn, and cold drinks from our “Hospitality Cart” —it’s all complimentary! Bring a friend, and/or bring your lunch.
- Friday, Jan. 27 MONEYBALL, Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill, PG-13, 2hr6min. Based on a true story of the 2002 Oakland Athletic baseball team who were led by general manager Billy Beane (Brad Pitt) to an excellent season despite having the lowest payroll in the major leagues.
- Fri., Feb. 10 CRAZY, STUPID LOVE, PG-13, 1hr 58min; Drama/Romance/Comedy with Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Julianne Moore. Nominated for a Golden Globe Award, a middle-aged husband's life changes dramatically when his wife asks for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a new-found friend.
February is COA Food Drive Month for the Parmenter Food Pantry. Please bring in any items you would like to donate and place them in the decorated box at the COA. Needed items include canned fruits, vegetables and soups. Also needed is cereal, tea, pasta, pasta sauce, canned tuna, peanut butter, paper goods (including toilet paper and paper towels).