- The Library is (Sort of) Open Again! You can now make an appointment for 30 minutes of browsing or computer time on Mondays and Thursdays, 4:15-7:45. Tuesdays through Fridays, 9:15-9:45, are reserved for seniors and at-risk. Look for complete information at the link at waylandlibrary.org. Book an appointment through our Events calendar, or give us a call at 508-358-2311. It’s not as much service as we’d like to offer, but the journey of a thousand miles….
- Noon Book Group. We’ll be discussing Wide Sargasso Sea, Jean Rhys’s lyrical, haunting response to Jane Eyre. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link. Friday, January 8.
- Wayland Lived Experience Project. The Project is a grassroots story-collecting initiative to understand identity-based bias that may be occurring in our community. If you or someone you know has been targeted due to race, ethnicity, spoken language, (dis)ability, gender, sexual identity or some other aspect of identity, please consider completing a survey at https://bit.ly/3guv87T or encouraging others to do so. Responses from anyone living, working, studying, worshipping in or visiting town are welcome. The Project is an effort of the Human Rights Commission Study Group, a group of residents exploring the formation of a human rights commission, a new town committee, by petitioner’s article. For information or questions, email WaylandLivedExperiences@gmail.com.
- Chair Yoga with Nancy Wind. Yoga is for everyone. Celebrate 2021 by reconnecting your mind and body through this gentle class. We’ll be sitting on a chair and using it for support. Breathe, move, be present and relieve some of your stress. Nancy Wind is a health coach and 200-hour yoga Instructor. Her interest in Ayurveda and living with the cycles of nature brings balance to her life and has become the prescription for her personal wellness. Register through the Events menu on our homepage. Monday, January 11 at 7 p.m.
- Holiday Closings. The Library will be closed from noon on December 24 through December 25 for Christmas, and from 3 p.m. on December 31 through January 1 for New Year’s.
FOR BABIES, TODDLERS AND PRESCHOOLERS
- Singalong on Zoom with Jeannie Mack: Stories, Songs, and Sign. Jeannie Mack will perform all kinds of fun, bounce-around, sing-along songs geared for young children. Plenty of opportunity for audience participation! Please register here or online on our eventkeeper calendar for the zoom link. Questions? Contact Pam at email@example.com. For ages babies to 4 years. Thursday, January 7, 10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Storytime on Zoom. Join Ms. Pam for stories songs, puppets, and crafts through zoom. This interactive storytimes encourages language development, socialization and fun. For ages 2.5 to 5 years. Please register here or on our Eventkeeper calendar if you would like to join our Zoom storytime. Questions? Please contact Youth Services Librarian Pam McCuen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thursdays, Jan. 14, Jan. 21 and Jan. 28 at 10:30 a.m.
- Weekly Facebook Live Storytimes with Ms. Carly. Join Ms. Carly for a Facebook Live storytime on the Wayland Public Library’s Facebook page. Babies through preschool age are invited to listen to stories, sing songs, and perform fun rhymes and movements. Tuesdays, Jan. 5, 12, 19 and 26 at 10:30 a.m.
- Kids Yoga on FaceBook Live! Sonia Gomez from Serfi Yoga will give a yoga class for children, toddlers to age 5. Her class will stream on the Wayland Facebook page on Thursday, January 14, at 1:30 p.m
- Bedtime Storytime on Facebook Live. Join Ms. Carly for a Virtual Bedtime Storytime on the Wayland Public Library’s Facebook page. Wear your pajamas and watch with a favorite stuffed animal if you want! Best for ages 0-5, but all kids and their caregivers are welcome. Wednesday, January 27, at 6:30 p.m.
FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Explore All Colors with Ms. Elise. Join Ms. Elise in an interactive exploration of all colors. There will be stories, activities, and a scavenger hunt! For ages 4 and up. Register here for the zoom link. Wednesday, January 6 at 3 p.m.
- Social Justice Storytime on ZOOM. Join Ms. Carly for a storytime that centers on social justice issues! This family friendly storytime will feature books, songs, and flannel boards that offer children and caregivers tools for meaningfully engaging with topics like anti-racism, LGBTQ+ rights, and the Black Lives Matter movement. This Social Justice Storytime is especially appropriate for children ages 3-7 and their caregivers. Please register here or online from our Eventkeeper calendar to receive the Zoom info. Questions? Email Carly Moniz at email@example.com. Tuesdays, January 12 and January 26 at 4 p.m.
- 4th/5th Grade Book Group on Zoom. We will be discussing White Bird by R.J. Palacio. Please register here or contact Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the Zoom group. Tuesday, January 12, at 7 p.m.