The Wayland Ukulele Club is for any adult (ages 16+) who wants to have fun with music. All skill levels are welcome.
Are you completely new to the uke – no problem! We’ll teach you some easy chords and start off with songs that are not-too-hard.
Have you been playing all your life? That’s great too! You already know how fun the ukulele can be, and how it brings people together.
Somewhere in the middle? Wonderful!
In a welcoming, supportive environment we’ll learn and play songs together from across the spectrum, from oldies to modern pop or whatever else the group might want. Sign up for five sessions Monday evenings in Jan/Feb – with the goal of using the final session to do a short performance at a local assisted living center. Join us!
- Mon, Jan 27 7:30-8:30pm – Practice, Wayland Library Raytheon Room
- Mon, Feb 3 7:30-8:30pm – Practice, Wayland Library Raytheon Room
- Mon, Feb 10 7:30-8:30pm – Practice, Wayland Library Raytheon Room
- Mon, Feb 24 7:30-8:30pm – Practice, Wayland Library Raytheon Room
- Tue, Feb 25 Evening – Performance, Music Exchange Listening Room Open Mic, at the Wayland Gallery, 57 Andrew Ave, Wayland (in the Wayland ‘Town Center’ Shopping Area)
- Sun, March 1st, 11am-ish: “Flash mob” performance at a surprise location (in Wayland) that cannot be printed here (shhh!) – This is sure to be very fun!
Registration is required (online here). Ages 16+. BYOU & MS – Bring your own Ukulele and Music Stand.
Wayland Library has 4 ukes available to borrow for 3 weeks at a time, but we can’t guarantee their availability. If ours are checked out, other local libraries lending ukuleles include Framingham, Weston and Wellesley.
ABOUT MARK & ZOE: Mark and Zoe Hughes are a father and daughter who live in Wayland. They believe that music is fun, that perfection is the enemy, and that ukuleles are an awesome way to bring all kinds of different people together for a great time.